In 1926, Florence Allen, a prominent judge for the Ohio State Supreme Court, purchased the land and commissioned O.L. Green, a local builder, to construct a bungalow for her summer residence. Like her neighbors, she used Moraine Park as base for exploring Rocky Mountain National Park. She used it every summer until she sold the property in 1953.
Of all the cabins at Kaley's in the Pines, this is the most handsome. The bungalow has several rustic features that connect it to its forested surroundings. The shingle siding, prominent stone chimney and foundation, and numerous porches mimic nearby National Park Service-built Rustic buildings.
Source: National Park Service, List of Classified Structures
Image courtesy of Ken Kooyman.