Fire, water, mold, construction problems, power-outages—mishaps like these can not only bring library services to a grinding halt, but can also destroy collections and even endanger employees. Preparing for the unexpected is the foundation of a library’s best response. Expert Kahn comes to the rescue with this timely update of the best step-by-step, how-to guide for preparing and responding to all types of library disasters. This completely revised third edition offers
- Quick and efficient guidance for creating protocols and response plans tailored to your own institution
- Pointers for handling all kinds of library materials when damaged
- The latest information on preparing for technology recovery
- Up-to-date information on prevention equipment and materials
- Dozens of reproducible checklists and forms, and a comprehensive list of resources
Kahn’s guide gives libraries the tools they need to face any emergency, no matter the size or scope.